Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Russell Brand says Katy Perry brings out his masculine side

Russell Brand says Katy Perry brings out his masculine side


Russell Brand claims Katy Perry has brought out his masculine side.

The British funnyman - who was previously famed for his womanising ways – thinks being with his fiancĂ©e has given him a new focus and he only ever wants to protect her from harm.

He said: 'I’m really in love and happy. It’s a dramatic transformation of my former lifestyle. But I wouldn’t be doing it if it wasn’t making me happy. She’s a good mate Katy, a good laugh.

'Since being with Katy, I’ve got this masculine urge to protect. Whenever there’s an earthquake, I jump out of bed, feeling like I have to fight it; '’Ere, stay away from my missus.’ '

The animal-loving couple recently adopted a kitten named Krusty together and the 'Get Him to the Greek’ star believes caring for the cat is the 'perfect training' for having a family.

He added: 'That’s why we’ve got a kitten. It’s perfect training for having kids.

'It’s lovely this kitten but it’s got no concept of moderating its conduct. It just climbs all over my head.'

Katy Perry claims love boosted her confidence