Saturday, June 26, 2010

Mark Ronson changed his accent to fit in at school

Mark Ronson changed his accent to fit in at school


Mark Ronson had to change his accent to fit in at school.

The London-born producer admits he had to soften his English tones to avoid being bullied when he moved to the US as a youngster.

Speaking about one of his favourite movies, 'Zelig', he explained: "It's sort of a mockumentary, Woody Allen plays the lead and he changes his appearance depending on what group of people he's with.

"I moved to New York when I was a kid, and I remember having to change my accent to stop me from getting beaten up by other kids, so I've always had a lot of sympathy with Woody's character."

The 'Stop Me' hitmaker also admitted he loves reading about "f****d up" people.

He added: "The book that changed me would be 'The Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man' by James Joyce. It's the first book you read in school that's about someone the same age as you, who's got the same messed-up life you do.

"It was the first thing I ever read with a wonderfully flawed kid trying to do s**t. I like f****d up people - for the same reason I like 'Crime and Punishment' too."

Tom Jones turns 70