Sunday, June 27, 2010

Russell Brand doesn't 'act' in kissing scenes

Russell Brand doesnt act in kissing scenes


The British funnyman – who first met now-fiancee Katy Perry when she made a cameo appearance in his new movie 'Get Him to the Greek’ – admits he likes to use romantic cinematic moments to his own advantage, much to the surprise of his co-stars.

He said: 'You're in a film and like in this scene you kiss a girl, something brilliant in my mind - and I'm thankful for this - a neurological impulse, goes, 'They won't know if you just kiss her normal, and it's not even acting at all. 'Just kiss her and that, and get off with her'.

"It's not like I stuck my tongue in their mouths. It's just what I didn't do is, I wasn't pretending, I was just going 'right, kiss her', as if it was a free opportunity to start kissing people.

"I did it with Pink, Alanis Morissette, Katy - now obviously that worked out really well."

However, the comic admits he kept his 'acting barrier up' when he had to lock lips with Jonah Hill in the movie.

He added to XFM radio host Dave Berry: "Jonah Hill, I kissed him, but I did keep the acting barrier up.

"I pulled my lips inwards so that essentially he was kissing the bottom of my nose and my chin. I tried to suck my whole mouth into my head.'

Instead, Russell bonded with Jonah by taking him to watch female strippers to show him UK 'culture'.

He explained: "I took him to a strip club when we were filming over here - I said, 'Come on mate and have a look at my culture, here it is, it's birds with their boobs out'.

"I've got a photograph of him asleep in one - I think he was tired, he had been working hard."

‘Twilight’ Author Stephenie Meyer ‘Very Happy’ With ‘Eclipse’ FilmRussell Brand says Katy Perry brings out his masculine side