Friday, June 18, 2010

Pixie Lott would like to go psychedelic

Pixie Lott would like to go psychedelic


When it comes to the interior design of her future house Pixie Lott would follow in the footsteps of the International Man of Mystery and have a psychedelic pad:

"I’d like to go really crazy and have random clashing things. Like one leopard-print wall, one green wall, one pink wall and loads of antique weird stuff hanging from the ceiling. A bit like an Austin Powers house."

While she may prefer her decor to be hallucinogenic, she’s staunchly anti-drugs:

"I haven’t really thought about [fronting an anti-drugs campaign] to be honest, but it’s definitely something I would do because it’s an obvious issue... The way I’ve been brought up, my friends and my outlook on life have meant that I’ve avoided the traps of fame. And even by seeing how some people have done it wrong; I know what not to get involved in."

Discussing her image, Pixie takes her influence from a range of styles:

"I love mixing classic designers with vintage, and I like to go between a rocky edge and more classic, or more indie, or more hippy. I like to mix it up - but always use lots of accessories."

One trend she won’t be following this summer is double denim:

"I don’t know about no-nos, but I don’t wear jeans that much. I just don’t feel comfortable in them. They can be a bit restrictive. My style is more tights and dresses, shorts and skirts. That works for both day and evening... If I don’t think something looks good on me, I don’t wear it. It’s all about feeling comfortable in what suits you, and that brings out your own style. When you feel good, you look good."

Speaking to Cosmopolitan for its 'Sexy’ issue, Pixie believes sexiness is all about being comfortable in your own skin:

"[Sexiness is] the way you feel. If you’re happy in your skin, confident and enjoying life with your friends then it definitely shines through. People automatically think you’re sexy when they see that. It’s like when there’s a guy who’s not even fantastically good-looking, but he’s got all this charisma - he gives off a vibe, and becomes much better-looking because of it."

The full interview appears in the July 'Sexy’ issue of Cosmopolitan , on sale 10 th June.

Paul Weller considering Botox