Friday, June 11, 2010

Jake Shears has a crush on Ian McKellen

Jake Shears has a crush on Ian McKellen


The Scissor Sisters star admits he has a strong admiration for the 'super-sexy' screen veteran – who recorded a monologue for the band’s single 'Invisible Light’ - and hopes he will look as 'gorgeous' as him when he is older.

Discussing the 71-year-old star, he said: 'Oh my God, he’s one of the hottest men alive. I think Ian McKellen is super-sexy. I’d hope that when I’m his age I would look somewhere near as good as him at his age because he is gorgeous. He was cracking up through it. There was a lot of pretty funny s**t that was cut. He loved it and was really, really sweet. I’m really proud to have him be a Scissor Sister.'

Despite his celebrity status, Jake, 31, admits his friends think he is a 'total square'.
He explained to Attitude magazine: 'A lot of my friends have seen me assimilate into a mainstream lifestyle. To a lot of my friends, I’m a total square.

'I think gays are totally different creatures. We’re different animals. We all know that. There’s no two ways about it. I think we’re a different bunch. It doesn’t really apply, almost. That man/women union doesn’t apply. It’s a very different combination of things.'

Kylie Minogue feeling broody