Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Katy Perry claims love boosted her confidence

Katy Perry claims love boosted her confidence


The 'California Gurls’ singer – who is engaged to Russell Brand – no longer worries about other people’s opinions of her because she will always have the support of the British funnyman.

She said: 'It’s weird, you know, when you fall in love and have someone that really kind of supports you, you stop really worrying about like, all this make-up you have to wear or what everybody thinks about you, because the person that you love, loves you back.'

However, the 25-year-old beauty admits she still has 'idiotic moments', but claims her team of assistants keep her grounded.

She said: 'I have my idiotic moments too. I take it one day at a time and I have a really good support system. I have a good team. I don’t end up wasted, with my face down in alleyways. I kind of like, steer the ship pretty good so that I don’t hit any icebergs.'

Discussing her new single 'California Gurls’, Katy claims she wanted to make an anthem for the US state to rival Alicia Keys’ song 'Empire State of Mind’, which is about New York.

She explained to US TV show 'Access Hollywood’: 'I heard 'Empire State of Mind’ and I love that song. There’s been, you know, 'California Love’ and there’s been 'California Girls’ by the Beach Boys, which is probably one of my favourites and I just thought, how perfect to kind of take that idea and give it my spin.'

Brandon Flowers on ‘Flamingo’