Friday, January 1, 2010

Florence Welch admits she went a bit crazy

Florence Welch admits she went a bit crazy


FLORENCE WELCH has revealed that she almost went off the rails after splitting from her boyfriend.

The lead singer of Florence and the Machine said the break-up two years ago had made her "a bit loopy", and sent her "spinning out of control".

Speaking to The Observer newspaper, she said she once woke up covered in blue paint and dressed as Captain America but doesn't recall why.

And she said it was her manager who snapped her out of her craziness after forcing her to concentrate on her music career instead.

Welch said: "She said to me, 'you're supposed to be writing an album, maybe you shouldn't be going out so much'.

"I hadn't signed my deal at that point. Things were very much in the balance. There was a moment when it could have tipped either way and I could have gone completely under. But I resurfaced and life got itself back on track, I think."

She added that she still likes to go out, but said: "It's just one aspect of myself. If you're doing that, and it's enjoyable, that's fine. But it does kind of break me slightly. It wasn't the going out - it was more me not being able to cope with it afterwards.

"I wasn't actually having fun. I was trying to cope with the fact that I was really upset and lonely. Now I'm not, and if I'm dressed as Captain America, it's probably for fun."


‘New Moon’ Co-Star Thinks ‘Breaking Dawn’ Green Light Is ImminentLady Gaga has over 20 wigs