Monday, January 11, 2010

Alex Gardner announces tour dates

Alex Gardner announces tour dates


Exciting new singer-songwriter Alex Gardner releases his mouth-watering debut single 'I’m Not Mad’, March 22nd - the opening glimpse of his rich, soulful voice and first taste of his prolific pop writing.

Written by Alex Gardner and produced by Xenomania this addictive track has already become an early fan favourite from his performances at T in the Park’s BBC Introducing stage and Scotland support shows for Paolo Nutini.

With me and Brian it’s different,' Alex tells of his unique writing partnership with hit-maker Higgins. 'I had an idea of what I wanted to do. He had an idea of what he wanted me to do. And it was bang in the middle.'

With his debut album set for release in the summer his songbook runs the gamut from soulful ballads, after-hours love, pumping pop tracks and aching dancefloor struts.

'I have enough for a double-disk, with b-sides!' he laughs. 'Which is a great situation to be in – the struggle of 'I can’t take that one off’, 'I’ve got to keep that one’.'

Alex Gardner kicks off the New Year with a 'New To Q Session’ January 27th alongside I Blame Coco and Miike Snow. After which he plays a series of headline shows up and down the UK - plus a gig at Jazz Café as special guest to Paloma Faith.

Alex Gardner UK dates are:

January
Wed 27th TABERNACLE, 'New To Q Session’ with I Blame Coco & Miike Snow

February
Wed 10th LONDON, Cherry Jam
Thu 11th LONDON, Jazz Café with Paloma Faith
Tue 23rd LONDON, Cherry Jam

March
Thu 11th GLASGOW, ABC
Fri 12th EDINBURGH, Cab
Sat 13th DUNDEE, Dog House
Sun 14th ABERDEEN, Snafu
Tue 16th LONDON, The Lexington

www.alexgardnermusic.com

‘Avatar’ London Premiere Brings Out Stars, Wows CrowdJLS tour dates