Thursday, February 4, 2010

Simon Cowell is driven by other people’s success

Simon Cowell is driven by other people’s success


Simon Cowell is driven by other people’s success.

The music mogul, who is currently in the process of releasing a single to help raise money for the earthquake-hit Caribbean nation of Haiti, admitted he gets annoyed if he thinks one of his business rivals is outdoing him and always wants to be the best.

He said: 'I don’t like the idea that other people in this business might be doing better than me.

'That really bugs me – I mean really bugs me. If you are happy to see someone who does the same thing as you do well – even someone within your own company – then you haven’t got it, it’s as simple as that.'

The 50-year-old star – who has an estimated $500 million personal fortune – hasn’t always been so successful but claims his hardest times were 'great' because they inspired him to achieve more.

He told new! magazine: 'I lost all my money ten years ago. I was so broke, I had four pounds in my pocket and I couldn’t even afford the taxi fare to go back to my mum and dad’s.

'So I know what it’s like when you’ve got a problem. But it was a great experience because I realised that I had to work harder and made some money in the end.'

Susan Boyle snubbed by BRITsDwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson Brings ‘Iconic Figure’ To Life In ‘Tooth Fairy’