Sunday, March 7, 2010

Jeff Beck denies being Spinal Tap inspiration

Jeff Beck denies being Spinal Tap inspiration


It has been widely written over the years that the Nigel Tufnel character in the rock and roll spoof Spinal Tap was based on Jeff Beck. Jeff says it is not him.

'I think the hair was but it ends there,' he tells Undercover. 'I knew that Christopher Guest had been watching me but Nigel is based on different characters from Glam Rock. Ironically, I was the only one who wasn’t Glam Rock. I loved every minute of that movie'.

He first saw the 1984 movie when he was playing at the cinemas years ago. 'I heard it on recommendation,' he says. 'I was watching it at a cinema in Westwood and I was laughing so loud people were telling me to shut-up. It was the funniest thing. They couldn’t see the funny side of it'.



Undercover.com.au


Jimi Hendrix has more unreleased material to comeKristen Stewart Says Robert Pattinson Is ‘Quite Bold’ In ‘Remember Me’