Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Gwyneth Paltrow started mixing cocktails when she was just six

Gwyneth Paltrow started mixing cocktails when she was just six


Gwyneth Paltrow started mixing cocktails when she was just six years old.

The 'Iron Man 2’ star – who has two children, Apple, six, and Moses, four, with her husband Chris Martin – learned about alcohol by making drinks for her father, film producer, Bruce Paltrow when she was a child.

She said: "I love a dirty martini. I used to make my dad his drinks when I was about six!"

Despite her career achievements, Gwyneth – who runs her own lifestyle website GOOP – claims appearing on a cookery programme has been the highlight of her working life because she is such a fan of food.

Speaking on UK TV show 'Market Kitchen’, she said: "I really love eating. This is a highlight of my career."

Although Gwyneth – who lists her favourite foods as muffins, grilled tuna, gorgonzola and pomegranates – has been cooking 'seriously' for around 15 years, she admits her children are less-than-impressed by her culinary creations.

She said: "They're quite picky."

The 37-year-old actress used to follow a strict macrobiotic diet but now allows herself to indulge in some of her favourite calorific treats.

She said recently: "I love anything fried, fish and chips, and I love Branston pickle and I love red wine."

Madonna puts music career on hold‘Iron Man 2′ Premiere Finds Robert Downey Jr. Playing Red-Carpet Hero