Wednesday, September 16, 2009

McCartney was blessed to know Lennon

McCartney was blessed to know Lennon


SIR PAUL MCCARTNEY has said he rarely remembers his disagreements with John Lennon because he is blessed just to have known him.

The Beatles stars had a tumultuous relationship during the group's later years and their constant arguing has often been blamed for the band's split in 1970.

They reconciled later that decade but then Lennon was shot dead in New York in 1980 - and McCartney said he never thinks about the bad times between them.

Speaking to Entertainment Tonight, he said: "What I do is I look for the positive side... I'm the only guy who sat down with John and wrote all those songs. It's me. (I've) got to pinch myself, I can't believe it. I just feel blessed to have known him and to have experienced his presence so intimately."


‘Inglourious Basterds’ Stars Tell Tarantino’s SecretsSir Paul said death rumours were madness