Friday, September 25, 2009

Lavinge wants to stay friends with estranged husband

Lavinge wants to stay friends with estranged husband


Avril Lavigne has pledged to stay friends with her "amazing" estranged husband.

It was announced yesterday (17.09.09) that the Complicated singer had ended her three-year marriage to Sum 41 rocker Deryck Whibley, but despite moving out of their Californian home, Avril insists she will see the 29-year-old musician regularly.

The 24-year-old star wrote on her blog: "Deryck and I have been together for six-and-a-half years. We have been friends since I was 17, started dating when I was 19, and married when I was 21. I am grateful for our time together, and I am grateful and blessed for our remaining friendship.

"I admire Deryck and have a great amount of respect for him. He is the most amazing person I know, and I love him with all my heart. Deryck and I are separating and moving forward on a positive note."

Deryk was said to be "crushed" when Avril "walked out on him" but in a posting on his own blog, he claims their separation is amicable.

He wrote: "The past six-and-a-half years have been the most amazing years of my life. It's sad it has come to an end but Avril and I are still family and moving forward in the most positive way possible. Our decision to part ways is amicable and she holds a special place in my heart and forever will be a great and amazing friend."

Friends revealed yesterday the couple - who have been pictured together just once in recent weeks - had decided to part ways.

A source said: "She dumped him and told him she was leaving him. She wants to move on. Divorce papers will be filed any day now."

Rumours the couple's marriage was in trouble have been circulating for months, with Avril often seen partying with friends without her husband.

In June, Deryck went to the Los Angeles premiere of 'Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen' alone, while Avril spent a week holidaying in St. Tropez with pals.

Amy Winehouse cat calling‘Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince’ Reviews Are In!