Sunday, August 21, 2011

Noel Gallagher on a par with David Bowie says his mum


Email this story Printable version The Oasis guitarist has played his album to a select group of people including his mother Peggy, and she told him it is the best record he has ever made. Peggy thinks 'Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds' is so good it will further catapult her son's legendry status. In an interview on the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show on UK station Absolute Radio, he said: "I've got friends who are kind of scrambling round the bottom of the musical ladder, I've played it to them, you know, yeah, but everybody seems to like it. But let me leave you with these words, I played it to a person, they said, 'Good God, that's so good, that's probably the best stuff you've ever done, this easily puts you in the same bracket at (David) Bowie, (Sir Paul) McCartney and Elvis Costello.' And do you know who said that? My mum." Noel is famously critical of other bands but it seems he has mellowed since quitting Oasis in 2009 following a backstage bust-up with his brother and bandmate Liam. The 'Death of You and Me' singer has admitted he is a fan of the Arctic Monkeys ' fronted by Alex Turner ' and says he has been listening to Coldplay for years. Noel, 44, said: "I like the Arctic Monkeys album, I've got to say, it seems like they're back. And some of the new Coldplay stuff is good, I've got to say. "I've always been a fan of Coldplay, I've liked them since I heard that track, 'Yellow'. I do like them, the new stuff's good I think." To be in with a chance of winning 1000 CDs including rare, signed and promotional copies simply 'like' our Award Winning facebook page here! And double your chances by following us on Twitter Follow @MusicNewsWeb For all DVD, Blu-Ray and other film related prizes visit our sister site film-news.co.uk competitions page here. Good luck!