Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Dolly Parton thanks Miley Cyrus for giving her a host of new fans


Email this story Printable version Dolly Parton has thanked Miley Cyrus for giving her a host of new fans. The country music legend appeared in an episode of the teen singer's Disney TV show 'Hannah Montana' and that cameo introduced her to a younger generation who have now become admirers of her music. She said: "I've got a whole new fan base, including kids who watch 'Hannah Montana'. I turned 65 in January and I started very young. It makes you wanna write songs that cater to everyone. I've never tried to keep up with the times. I kinda roll with the tide and never lose momentum." Dolly ' who is about to release her 41st album 'Better Day' ' believes one the reasons for her enduring popularity is that she is still grateful for her success, even 44 years on since she released her debut LP 'Hello, I'm Dolly'. In an interview with the Metro newspaper, she explained: "There's a joy in me that people can sense and it's like, 'Thank you for allowing to be out here doing this!' I've always said I had to get rich to sing like I'm poor again. It really ain't about the money, it's about the art to me. I have to write, I have to sing and I'm gonna always do that ' even when I'm old." To be in with a chance of winning 1000 CDs including rare, signed and promotional copies simply 'like' our Award Winning facebook page here! And double your chances by following us on Twitter Follow @MusicNewsWeb For all DVD, Blu-Ray and other film related prizes visit our sister site film-news.co.uk competitions page here. Good luck!