Friday, June 27, 2008

Miley Leaves Scandal in Rearview Mirror

(June 27) - Miley Cyrus says she has learned from the Vanity Fair photo scandal that blew up months ago and threatened to tarnish her image as the leading teen queen."I was embarrassed," she tells Billboard while discussing her new album 'Breakout.' "But also it's like, every career thing that I do can't be perfect, and sometimes my decisions are wrong."

"I think that just makes me even more relatable. I don't think people will look at me any differently because they're like, 'You know what, I'm going to do stupid stuff too, and I'm going to make mistakes, and that's fine.' It still hurts when I think about it, but you know what, it doesn't mean that you can't move on."Cyrus' new album comes out on July 22 and she promises that she takes a great leap forward with the new songs. "It's grown-up," Cyrus tells Billboard in an exclusive interview. "I wrote all the songs except two. My last one, 'Meet Miley Cyrus,' was more just meeting me, finding out who I am, and here it's more getting in depth of what's been going on in my life in the past year."Billboard also reports that Cyrus is a busy girl. She's currently filming a new season of the 'Hannah Montana' show, preparing for a 'Hannah' movie and planning a concert tour that will likely get the same big screen treatment as the 'Best of Both Worlds' film earlier this year.Miley Cyrus Racy Photos

Billy Ray also caught flak for this Vanity Fair pose with his daughter, which drew criticism from many corners, even Howard Stern. "It looks like his daughter is his girlfriend," Stern said. Interest in the photos caused Vanity Fair's site to crash.

VanityFair.com

In late May, scandal erupted when Vanity Fair published photos of Miley Cyrus, taken by famed photographer Annie Leibovitz, where the teen was topless and covered with a cloth. Rekindling the scandal, Miley's father Billy Ray Cyrus says he "didn't know they were going to strip her down and wrap her in a blanket."

vanityfair.com

Renowned photographer Leibovitz defended her photographs. "I'm sorry that my portrait of Miley has been misinterpreted. Miley and I looked at fashion photographs together and we discussed the picture in that context before we shot it. The photograph is a simple, classic portrait, shot with very little makeup, and I think it is very beautiful."

James Devaney, WireImage.com

To thwart the scandal, Cyrus returned to Disney World as the uproar was cooling. Though she backed out of a red carpet event, she took the stage for a concert, during which she said nothing about the pictures, but did thank her fans for their support.

Garth Vaughan, Disney / AP

Just as her last photo controversy seemed to be but a faint memory, Miley and her penchant for self-taking scantily clad photos of herself has struck again, as new photos of the 15-year-old star raising her shirt and posing in underpants have hit the community site LiveJournal.

Community.LiveJournal.com

In late April, photos of Cyrus flashing her bra and pulling up her shirt while draped across the lap of a male furthered the speculation that the singer-actress sensation may be more PG-13 or R than G-rated.

JustJared.com

"The pictures of me on the Internet were silly, inappropriate shots." adds Cyrus about the Internet photo scandal. The leaked pics didn't make a dent. Her 'Best of Both Worlds' CD was ranked near the top of the charts last week.

Kevin Mazur, WireImage.com

Photos of Cyrus in provocative poses first leaked near the end of January to gossip sites like TopSocialite.com.




USBfever adds IR remote, Nano case/photo stand
Miley Hopes to ‘Breakout’ With Album
Cyrus Mum on Photos at Disney Concert