Thursday, April 29, 2010

Lily Allen says she has 'no control over' her pop star persona

Lily Allen says she has no control over her pop star persona


Lily Allen claims her pop star persona is a character she has "no control over".

The 'Not Fair' singer told how people instantly think they know her because they relate to her autobiographical songs, but she is very different from the character she sings about.

She said: "I've had enough of being me. I've had enough of being Lily Allen, I want to be me now.

"Whatever situation I'm in, whether it's going to the supermarket, the pub or a club, or in the back of a cab, people think they know me. And the reality is they don't. Lily Allen is a character I have no control over. I've got nothing to do with it except my face is the one that goes with it."

The 24-year-old pop star also said winning a BRIT award - one of the highest accolades in music in the UK - for British Female Solo Artist this February meant "absolutely nothing" to her.

She added: "I got a BRIT Award recently. And that was something four years ago that I would have died for.

"But when I finally got that award it meant absolutely nothing to me. Because I now know that The BRIT Awards is a TV show. Record company executives make deals with a TVC channel and the producers about who wins what award in exchange for performance time.

"So it's just become a non-award, like 'thank you for this'."

Following the success of her second album, 'It's Not Me, It's You' Lily is taking a break from music to pursue other business ventures which reportedly include starting a record label and a clothes hire shop.

Slash denies new song is about Axl Rose‘Eclipse’ Star Nikki Reed Looks Forward To New Trailer