Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Charlotte Church is engaged

Charlotte Church is engaged


The singer-and-TV star’s long-term love Gavin Henson proposed to her on February 21, her 24th birthday, after planning a special ride in a helicopter and luxury lunch in their native Wales.

Charlotte told Britain’s OK! magazine: 'As I came out of the shower, I said, 'What’s that noise?’ And there was a helicopter outside.

'I just thought it was because of my birthday, I had no idea.

'The food was lush and then Gavin said, 'Let’s go for a walk,’ and we sat on a bench and I was leaning into his shoulder as I was really happy, then he started talking all funny! Saying things like, 'We’ve been together for five years now, we’ve had good times and hard times, but it’s mostly been good times and I think we’re meant to be together for the rest of our lives.’

'Then he went down on one knee and said, 'So I’d better finally ask you, I suppose.’ Then he said, 'Will you marry me?’ '

Charlotte – who has two children, Ruby, two, and 15-month-old Dexter, with Gavin – immediately accepted his proposal and admits she cried when he popped the question.

Rugby player Gavin bought the engagement ring for Charlotte when they were on holiday in Dubai earlier this year, and admits he has been desperate to make Charlotte his wife for some time.

He said: 'It’s time to get married. I want us to be a family and we have different names at the moment. Me, Ruby and Dexter are Henson and Charlotte is Church. It feels right.'

The couple are planning to marry this year on an unspecified island, in a lavish ceremony with around 100 guests.

‘Don McKay’: A Noir Too Far, By Kurt LoderMiley Cyrus is planning her wedding