Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Rihanna Dismisses Rumors of Jay-Z Fling

(May 6) - While Beyonc and Jay-Z enjoy their first weeks of newlywed bliss, pop star Rihanna can't escape rumors of a past romance with the rapper.The 'Umbrella' singer is quick to shoot down any talk of a past fling in this month's issue of Elle. "People know that it's not true,"she says. "I think it's kinda a clich question ... so I don't even know why it's still addressed to this day. I get asked about it all the time and I'm like, 'You're asking, but you know the answer. I dont even like to address it anymore." All Smiles in Heels: See Elle Snap Rihanna
She also plays it close to the vest when discussing R&B star Chris Brown, who she has been tied to in gossip columns for months. "We've always been friends, but we're very close now," she says.Jay-Z did take the singer under his wing, contributing to the monster 'Umbrella' hit. Rihanna recalls singing for the rapper and industry giant for the first time. "I remember staring into everybody's eyes in the room while I was singing, and at that point, I was fearless," she says about an audition. "But the minute I stopped singing, I was like, Oh my God, Jay-Z is sitting right in front of me."The appeal of 'Umbrella' still amazes Rihanna, who can't escape the song's success even when she travels abroad. "I cant believe the kind of people that know that record. Their age, their nationality, they don't speak English, but they all know that song."More: Rihanna Tells Elle About Growing Up with an Alcoholic Father'Umbrella' Live in Our Studio




Kanye Rips ‘Miserable’ Magazine Writer
Carey’s Ring Same as Cannon’s Ex?
Amy Winehouse Quits 007 Theme Project
Waits Punks Fans in Tour Announcement
Hendrix Camp Calls Sex Tape Bogus