Sunday, September 11, 2011

Leona Lewis talks about Simon Cowell, London riots and life since X Factor


Email this story Printable version Taken from Leona's cover shoot interview for Rollacoaster, out next week, she said: On Simon - "He is really good to have on side and I guess he really believed in me since the beginning and has always backed me up" On being called "boring" - "I've read it, especially from one journalist who has never actually met me. But it doesn't bother me. I'd rather be seen like that than a harsh, brash person. If my friends said that then I'd have something to worry about!" On the London riots - "You have to remember (Hackney) is a very poor area and they're taking away funding for youth programmes but I just think (rioting) was literally some hoodrats that jumped on the bandwagon to go a bit insane. There are actually some really lovely areas in Hackney" Since X Factor - "I've come a long way since then and I've grown as a performer, as a singer, everything. I was in that weird teenage-adult stage for a long time - making decisions that perhaps weren't right, but I've realised in the last couple of years that I have grown up and I know myself so much more" To be in with a chance of winning 1000 CDs including rare, signed and promotional copies simply 'like' our Award Winning facebook page here! And double your chances by following us on Twitter Follow @MusicNewsWeb For all DVD, Blu-Ray and other film related prizes visit our sister site film-news.co.uk competitions page here. Good luck!