Sunday, December 6, 2009

Nicole Richie to become comedy star

Nicole Richie to become comedy star


The socialite – who starred in hit reality show 'The Simple Life’ with Paris Hilton – has teamed up with US TV network ABC to create a new comedy show, which she will also star in.

The mother-of-two said on her website: 'I am so excited to announce that I am officially working on a television project. I am creating a half hour scripted comedy for ABC in which I will be starring in, as well as producing.'

'The comedy revolves around a young, modern and professional woman who must balance her business and family relationships. She must deal with, and navigate, the many ideas of what a woman’s role is: modern vs. traditional.'

Nicole – who recently announced she was putting herself on bedrest after being hospitalised with pneumonia – has been inspired by women from all different walks of life for the show.

She said: 'Lately, I have been surrounded by many different women of all ages and walks of life. It amazes me to watch and observe how many different ideas there are about what a woman’s role should be in this era. I’ve taken these fascinating ideas, and compiled them into something that I think will be very special and funny! We’re still in the very early stages and I can’t wait to share more with you soon!'

Nicole Kidman terrified of singing‘Up In The Air’ Director Raves About Anna Kendrick: ‘I Wrote This Role For Her’