Sunday, November 13, 2011

LeAnn Rimes prefers countryside


Email this story Printable version LeAnn Rimes formed a deep bond with her co-star Burt Reynolds on the set of their new film. LeAnn plays Holly Whitman in County Music Television network's TV feature Reel Love. Burt portrays Holly's father Wade Whitman who is ill and admitted to hospital. LeAnn's character ventures back to her small hometown from the big city to reestablish a relationship with her ailing dad. LeAnn and Burt became close while filming. '[Burt's] such a prankster,' LeAnn gushed to Entertainment Weekly. 'He started with me, and then he moved around to all of the women on the set sending them flowers saying, 'Thanks for last night.' He definitely made his rounds and made his presence known. We had a blast, we really did. He cracks me up.' LeAnn found portraying her character challenging at times. Burt helped bring out her artistic expression throughout the shoot. 'But there were some really funny moments,' LeAnn explained. 'Like, I really didn't know that he was gonna gun the boat and throw me back [into the seat ]. He would say some smart-a*s remark, and I guess I just instantly clicked with him, so I gave it back immediately. I'm like, Oh. Did I just say that to Burt Reynolds? Oh yeah, but I'm playing a character. Then I started yelling at him, and after the first take, he came back and patted me on the back and was like, 'Good going, kid.' I thought Okay, I'm doing my job.' A country girl at heart, LeAnn appreciates the pastoral Canadian setting in which the movie was filmed. The tumult of city life was obliterated by the peace of the countryside. 'I'm from really small town Mississippi, and there's moments where I really wish that I had that back when I go through the hustle and bustle of just my life, and job, and living in L.A. There's sometimes that I wish I could be content just sitting on a front porch of a house in Mississippi and just being that chill. You really kinda got into the whole vibe of the small town because we really were experiencing it.' Reel Love airs on CMT in the US on Sunday November 13. © Cover Media To be in with a chance of winning 1000 CDs including rare, signed and promotional copies simply 'like' our Award Winning facebook page here! And double your chances by following us on Twitter Follow @MusicNewsWeb For all DVD, Blu-Ray and other film related prizes visit our sister site film-news.co.uk competitions page here. Good luck!