Saturday, November 5, 2011

Florence Welch: I’m unsure about motherhood


Email this story Printable version Florence Welch admits that she is torn over whether she wants a family. The 25-year-old is well known for rocking out with her band Florence + the Machine. However, the flame-haired star explains that she might like to become more responsible. 'Do I want to have a family, some responsibilities? The teenager inside me yells, 'No!', but the adult I want to be seeks serenity," she told the French edition of Be. The contradictions that Florence is facing are reflected in the band's new album Ceremonials. The singer explained the stories behind the lyrics and the themes running throughout the album. "[Death, love and sex] are everlasting subjects. This album is much more introspective than the one before,' she revealed. 'When I read the lyrics again, I feel at war with myself. I talk about a turning point in my life, my inner fight between a need for freedom and wanting to feel safe.' Florence loves all the fellow female singers around at the moment, in particular Lady Gaga. The eccentric singer offered Florence support at the MTV Video Music Awards (VMAs) last year. "I am a huge fan of Lady Gaga. She is so adorable,' she gushed. 'Before I performed on the stage of the VMAs she came to give me a big hug to encourage me. And she is so funny, she sings so well on stage and her gigs are so theatrical - pure entertainment!" © Cover Media To be in with a chance of winning 1000 CDs including rare, signed and promotional copies simply 'like' our Award Winning facebook page here! And double your chances by following us on Twitter Follow @MusicNewsWeb For all DVD, Blu-Ray and other film related prizes visit our sister site film-news.co.uk competitions page here. Good luck!