Friday, October 7, 2011

Jason Derülo: Struggle makes us strong


Email this story Printable version Jason Derülo says 'hardship' makes you stronger. The American singer-songwriter believes everyone needs some knockbacks to make them strive for success. The music star will attend the BBC Radio 1 Teen Awards in the UK this weekend and is looking forward to meeting some motivated young people. 'There are some really inspiring teens out there and I know it will be inspiring to hear their stories,' he told BBC Newsbeat. 'Hardships can make us stronger, you know, and through those we can grow and be something great and be an example. These teens are the future.' The 22-year-old musician admits he was a handful when he was growing up. Jason had boundless amounts of energy and some of his teachers thought he might have Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADD). He admits he still has high energy levels and often behaves like a teenager. ' would sing and dance around and I think the teachers thought I had ADD because I just couldn't pay attention. I was a very good tester and I always tested very well, so I graduated from school two years early,' he explained. ' was a very driven teen as well, definitely a jokester ' I liked to have fun. I am still the same person, I feel like I am still a teen.' © Cover Media To be in with a chance of winning 1000 CDs including rare, signed and promotional copies simply 'like' our Award Winning facebook page here! And double your chances by following us on Twitter Follow @MusicNewsWeb For all DVD, Blu-Ray and other film related prizes visit our sister site film-news.co.uk competitions page here. Good luck!