Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Kanye West: I'm Done Spazzing (E! Online)

Kanye West: Im Done Spazzing <br />    (E! Online)


Los Angeles (E! Online) – Kanye West is on the cover of April/May's Complex and this time it's really "some Benjamin Button's s--t." Photographed using the same technology as the Brad Pitt movie, Kanye was made up to look like a pasty robot because Kanye loves the future.

But even more bizarre than the photo shoot are the things Kanye says. The accompanying profile is full of quotes of Yeezy being level-headed, humble, self-aware and generally not an asshole. It really caught us off guard, considering he was just in Details saying, "I'm the f--king end-all, be-all of music" and "one of the greatest rappers in the world."

But it's cool if people want to change, so let's hearhis regrets overbeing a "cry-baby-ass bitch" on MTV and other over-the-top moments:

"I would never spaz on MTV the way I did before.I feel like there are people who have given a lot to me and I wasn't appreciative of them. MTV had a major part in making me, so how the hell could I ever come out of my mouth and dis them and just be like the cry-baby-ass bitch over one performance? How the hell is a 29-year-old grown ass man acting like a little bitch and getting all emotional? How spoiled can I get?"

Whoa, right? That actually makes sense and sounds reasonable.And it doesn't stop there; he's also very sorry for being arrogant and annoying at last year's Grammys:

"I look at my Grammy speech from last year and I cringe...Nobody got it and it made me look like a complete asshole, and it just confirmed that Kanye's arrogant and not appreciative. You should always be gracious in a situation like that because that's their show. You know, who the f--k am I to feel like I have rights to any extra time when it's their show?I came in as a bit of a hothead and now I'm completely respectful; I really have the opportunity to live my dreams out and have my Grammy moments and build a great relationship with these people. And I learned from that; I publicly apologized for it."

As he goes on to explain, when he stunts,he's just doing itto amuse us, which is actuallyreallysweet of him,"I'm here to entertain people and to be the one that does the crazy, bold stuff so they can live through me and get their mind off the recession and the war and whatever else is going on in the world."

And he's right, this less pretentious Kanye is entertaining only because it's so rare, but there's something amazing when crazy Kanye begs us to "Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let me be great!!!" that we miss dearly. Not to worry, we're sure that he'll be back in no time.

THEY SAID WHAT? Get today's most commented stories now at www.eonline.com




Radiohead’s Thom Yorke Schools Miley Cyrus & Kanye West on Humility
(E! Online)

Kanye West Charged for LAX Pap Smear
(E! Online)

More Exclusive ‘Twilight’ DVD Bonus Footage!
Kid Cudi Has ‘Eureka’ Moment With ‘Transformers’ Trailer