Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Sean Lennon Recounts Dad's Temper, Feline Love (E! Online)

Los Angeles (E! Online) - John Lennon's beautiful boy is speaking out about some purportedly ugly behavior by the late Beatle great.
In a potentially myth-shattering new Lennon biography due out next month, son Sean Lennon recounts for the first time a violent outburst by his peace-espousing papa that resulted in a trip to the doctor.

"[He was] teaching me how to cut and eat steak, which was a mystery to me at age 4; how to stick the fork in and cut behind it, and that was how you got a piece in your mouth," the younger Lennon, John's sole child with Yoko Ono, reveals to author Philip Norman in John Lennon: The Life.

"I think it was that night when he got very upset with me, I think because of something I did very cheekily with the steak. He did wind up yelling at me very, very loudly to the point where he damaged my ear, and I had to go to the doctor."

The quotes were confirmed to E! News by Michael McKenzie, spokesman for Echo Publishing, an imprint of HarperCollins. There was no immediate comment by a representative for the younger Lennon or Yoko Ono.

In the book, Sean Lennon, now 32 and a musician in his own right, says his father was ashamed by the incident and was instantly remorseful.

"I remember when I was lying on the floor and hurting, and him holding me and saying, 'I'm so sorry.' He did have a temper."

Sean also recalls that his father was a compassionate person, even bursting into tears at the death of the family feline.

"Alice, our black cat, had jumped out the window after a pigeon and died, and I remember that was the only time, I think, I ever saw my dad cry."


Sean Lennon Recounts Dads Temper, Feline Love <br />    (E! Online)




Wanted: Female Celebrity to Kiss Katy Perry!
(E! Online)

Jada Pinkett Smith Says She Would Play Michelle Obama In A Biopic ‘Any Day’
‘Igor’: Calling All Monsters, By Kurt Loder